Wanted man arrested by armed police A man has been arrested following a fatal collision...

Published: 12:37 am December 3, 2019
Updated: 5:15 am October 8, 2025

Wanted man arrested by armed police

  A man has been arrested following a fatal collision in Loughton earlier today, Monday 2 December.   Loughton,Essex Monday 2nd December 2019
Armed Police officers carry out a raid on wanted man Terry Glovers house who has been named for the murder of Harley Watson who was mowed down outside his school this afternoon.
Police  have launched a murder investigation following a fatal collision near a school in Loughton
Officers were called just after 3.20pm this afternoon, Monday 2 December, to reports that a number of pedestrians had been involved in an incident with a silver KA on Wallingale Road.
A 12-year-old local boy was taken to hospital, where he sadly died.
A number of other casualties were reported, but none are believed to be life-changing or life-threatening. They were either treated at scene or were taken to hospital following the incident.
These include: two 15-year-old boys, one 13-year-old boy, one 16-year-old girl and a 53-year-old woman.
Police have revealed  that all of the teenagers were pupils at Debden Park High School on Wallingale Road.
Officers from across the county are working diligently to identify the vehicle, and its driver, who failed to stop at the scene.
Detective Chief Inspector Rob Kirby of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate said: “This has been a truly shocking incident and my deepest sympathies are with all those involved.
“I would like to thank the many members of the public who have called us with information and spoken to our officers, as well as those who provided crucial medical assistance at the scene.
“I would urge anyone with information, dash cam footage, or who may have seen anything on social media that they think could be crucial, to call us on 101 and quote incident number 726 of 2 December.”
Those who have information but wish to remain anonymous can call Crimestoppers in complete confidence on 0800 555 111 or by submitting a report through their website.©UKNIP
  The 51-year-old, from Loughton, was arrested on suspicion of murder, six offences of attempted murder, one offence of causing death by dangerous driving, six offences of causing serious injury by driving, failing to stop at the scene of a collision and driving without insurance. There is no wider threat to the public at this time, but we continue to ask anyone with information to come forward and assist with our enquiries. If you have information about this incident please call 101 and quote incident 726 of Monday 2 December. Detective Chief Inspector Rob Kirby of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate said: “This has been a truly shocking incident and my deepest sympathies are with all those involved. “I would like to thank the many members of the public who have called us with information and spoken to our officers, as well as those who provided crucial medical assistance at the scene. “I would urge anyone with information, dash cam footage, or who may have seen anything on social media that they think could be crucial, to call us on 101 and quote incident number 726 of 2 December.”  

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE