Arson Probe launched after yobs torch £150K cabin cruiser on the River Medway in Maidstone...

Published: 11:54 pm August 29, 2019
Updated: 11:54 pm August 29, 2019

Arson Probe launched after yobs torch £150K cabin cruiser on the River Medway in Maidstone

An arson probe has been launched after a boat understood to be valued in the region of £150,000 was torched by two yobs on pushbike just before Midnight on Friday. https:///youtu.be/Pj6-EW84uKI Four fire crews and a water rescue boat rushed to the Hart Street in Maidstone as the blaze took hold and ripped through the 9.5 metre vessel that was built by Marine projects in 2002. Crews feared that the boat may have been occupied and despite the risk of an explosion from the vessels fuel tanks crews swiftly carried out a search whilst other firefighters with foam and a hose reel tackled the blaze. A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue said that a joint investigation into the cause of the blaze had been launched with Kent Police. Witnesses said moments before that two youths on pushbike set the vessel alight

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE