Teen Gangs Guilty in Brutal London Knife Murders
Four teenagers have been found guilty of stabbing two young men to death in a savage knife attack that shocked Inner London last year. Alagie Jobe, 19, Hussain Bah, 19, an unnamed 16-year-old, and an 18-year-old stand convicted of two counts of murder following the deaths of Charlie Bartolo and Kearne Solanke on November 26, 2022.
Fatal Street Attack Over Postcode Rivalry
The chilling attack unfolded on Sewell Road at 5pm, as Charlie Bartolo rode motorbikes with friends. A car deliberately rammed Charlie, throwing him off his bike. Jobe, Solanke, and the 16-year-old then poured from the car armed with large knives. They plunged the blades into the helpless Charlie lying on the pavement.
Amid the chaos, Kearne Solanke was fatally stabbed—struck accidentally by one of the attackers in the confusion. Prosecutor William Emlyn Jones QC said the stabbing was unintentional, a tragic byproduct of the violence rather than a targeted assault.
Gang Beef Turns Deadly
The violent episode was sparked by a “postcode rivalry” between Abbey Wood and Thamesmead. One defendant reportedly held a serious “beef” with Abbey Wood residents, fueling the deadly confrontation.
Judge’s verdict came on Friday, January 26, at Inner London Crown Court. Hussain Bah and Alagie Jobe face sentencing on February 7. The other two defendants are due to be sentenced on February 23.
Detectives Warn of Knife Crime Devastation
Detective Chief Inspector Kate Blackburn condemned the use of large knives in gang attacks. She warned these weapons not only endanger targets but also innocent friends caught up in the violence.
“This case is a heartbreaking reminder of the deadly consequences of knife crime,” Blackburn said. “Those who carry these weapons put everyone’s lives at risk, even their own mates.”
The families of both victims continue to grieve the tragic losses as London’s fight against knife crime rages on.