Tragic Shooting in Erith: Young Man Killed
Kai McGinley, 24, from Southwark, was fatally shot on Pembroke Road in Erith on the evening of Thursday, 9 February. Police were called around 8:50pm following reports of gunfire.
Emergency services, including the London Ambulance Service, rushed to the scene. Despite their efforts, Kai died at the scene from his injuries.
Murder Investigation Underway
Detective Chief Inspector Chris Wood is leading the murder probe. He called on witnesses to come forward, especially anyone with information about a silver Land Rover Freelander (registration GL52 HDO) found abandoned by suspects near the crime scene.
“I believe the suspects escaped in one or more vehicles we have yet to identify,” said DCI Wood. “At least one of these cars may have noticeable front-end collision damage.
If you’ve seen a recently damaged vehicle, been asked to fix one, or noticed a suspicious car parked or abandoned, please speak up.”
Police Appeal For Witnesses
DCI Wood added: “We have a dedicated team working hard to uncover what happened and why. If you saw anything or know something, don’t stay silent. Help us bring justice for Kai.”
Kai’s family have been informed and are receiving support from specialist officers. A post-mortem will be carried out soon.
No arrests have been made so far.
How to Help
- If you have information, call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting reference 7135/09Feb.
- To stay anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
DCI Wood said: “A young life has been tragically cut short. Our hearts go out to the family in this terrible time.”