Jermaine Jenas Hit by Fresh Misconduct Claims
Former footballer and BBC presenter Jermaine Jenas is now facing new allegations of inappropriate behaviour. Multiple women have reportedly come forward amid an ongoing investigation. The 41-year-old was recently sacked by the BBC following complaints about his conduct at work.
BBC Bosses Pull Plug Over Unsolicited Messages
Jenas, known for hosting flagship shows like Match of the Day and The One Show, was dismissed after claims he sent unsolicited messages to a female colleague on The One Show. The Sun, which first exposed the scandal, reports that more women have since stepped forward with additional accusations.
The BBC has refused to comment on the growing investigation.
TalkSport Drops Jenas from Live Broadcasts
While on air at TalkSport on Thursday, it was announced Jenas had been removed from all BBC presenting roles. Later, TalkSport confirmed there are no plans for him to return “in the immediate future.”
Speaking on the radio, Jenas said,
“I can’t really talk about it… I’m not happy about it. I’ve got to leave this to a team of lawyers who are managing the situation.”
Jenas Apologises, Admits ‘I Have a Problem’
In an interview with The Sun, Jenas expressed shame and remorse. He said,
“I am ashamed, and I am deeply sorry. I have let myself down, my family, friends, and colleagues, and I owe everyone an apology – especially the women with whom I was messaging. I am so, so sorry for what I have put them through. I think it would be fair to say I have a problem.”
Jenas also confessed to having a “self-destructive streak” in his relationships and revealed he is seeking help. “There’s a lot of work that needs to be done, and it will be hard,” he added.