Tragic Ilford Stabbing: Victim’s Final Call to Uncle
A 19-year-old man who was fatally stabbed in Ilford made a heartbreaking last phone call to his uncle, telling him he wasn’t going to make it.
Distress Call Sparks Desperate Search
Police were called at 10:20pm on Tuesday, 19 November, to Fullwell Avenue after reports of a fight outside a residential building. Officers found the young man suffering from stab wounds. Despite their efforts giving first aid before paramedics arrived, he died at the scene.
The victim’s uncle, who spoke exclusively to UK News in Pictures, revealed the chilling phone call around 10:30pm.
“I received the call and knew he was in trouble. He was shaking on the phone, said he’d been stabbed, and told me he wasn’t going to make it. I went out looking for him, searched different places but couldn’t find him. Those words will stay with me forever.”
Police Probe Possible Link to Nearby Fire
Earlier that evening, the victim had gone out with friends in a car. Police and London Fire Brigade were also called to a garage fire nearby at the same time. Officers are investigating whether the stabbing and fire are connected.
No arrests have been made so far.
Safety Clampdown Underway
A Section 60 order is in place across the Borough of Redbridge until 6:30am, giving police extra powers to stop and search individuals in the area.
Police urge anyone with information, pictures or video to come forward. Call 101 quoting incident CAD 9907/19 Nov.
Another young life has been cut tragically short. The community remains in shock as inquiries continue.