Man convicted of murder of Kylie Dembrey

Following an investigation by Thames Valley Police, a man has been convicted of murder.

Following a trial at Reading Crown Court which concluded today (12/3), Mark Sinclair, aged 31, of no fixed abode, was found guilty by unanimous jury of one count of murder.

The conviction relates to an incident on Thursday 6 September 2018 in which Sinclair attacked Kylie Dembrey at her home in Blossom Lane, Theale.

At around 12.50am on 6 September, Sinclair made a call to police stating that he had killed his girlfriend.

Upon arrival, officers from Thames Valley Police located Kylie with serious injuries, and Sinclair was arrested at the scene.

Sadly, Kylie was pronounced dead at her home, having received significant stab wounds to her neck and chest.

Sinclair was subsequently charged with one count of murder on 7 September and remanded in custody.

At his trial, Sinclair was found guilty of the offence.

Detective Inspector Dejan Avramovic from Thames Valley Police, said: “This was a horrific incident which saw Sinclair attack Kylie in her own home.

“Sinclair subjected Kylie to a vicious assault, which left her with fatal injuries.

“He then contacted police to say that he had killed Kylie and remained on scene and was arrested.

“Kylie and Sinclair were in an established relationship that was not without its issues, but Kylie should have been safe in her own home. Sadly, this proved not to be the case and tragically once again violence within a domestic setting has led to the loss of a life.

“Sinclair sought to use the partial defence of diminished responsibility citing mental health issues as a substantial contributing factor for his actions, but the jury have dismissed this and found that he strangled and then stabbed Kylie in an attack fuelled by rage.

“Although Sinclair has now been brought to justice, this callous and unprovoked attack had significant impacts not only on Kylie’s family and also on the local community. I would like to re-assure the local community of Theale that this incident, while terrible was very much in isolation.

“Sinclair was arrested at the scene of the incident and there was no wider threat to the local community.

And to Kylie’s family I would say this; you have had the ordeal of hearing in court graphic details of this violent crime, and I would like to thank them all for their bravery and their dignity throughout our investigation.

“I hope that this conviction will bring some peace to Kylie’s family and that they can move on with their lives.

“I would like to ask that the privacy of Kylie’s family and friends is respected at this difficult time while they continue to come to terms with the outcome of this case.

“Sinclair will now serve a lengthy term of imprisonment for this crime, and I hope that Kylie’s family will get some form of closure.”