Inferno on Northfleet High Street: Residents Urged to Seal Up as Firefighters Battle Massive Blaze

Huge Fire Erupts in Derelict Building

Firefighters were called to a roaring blaze on Northfleet High Street at around 3.10pm on December 8. The fire tore through a derelict building on a residential stretch, sending thick smoke across the area. Crews have been battling the inferno for nearly seven hours and show no sign of letting up.

Residents Told to Keep Doors and Windows Shut

Officials from Kent Fire and Rescue Service warned locals to keep their doors and windows closed as a safety precaution against the smoke. A spokesman said:

“Ten fire engines, a bulk water carrier, and a height vehicle remain at the scene. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are using hose reel jets to fight the flames. No injuries have been reported.”

Residents and workers near the junction of Factory Road were told to avoid the area due to road closures and ongoing firefighting efforts.

Emergency Services Keep Fighting the Flames

  • Bulk water carrier deployed to aid fire crews
  • No injuries reported so far
  • Fire engines and specialist vehicles remain on site

The full scale of the damage is yet unknown, but the fire has caused significant disruption on Northfleet High Street. Emergency teams remain committed to bringing the blaze under control.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

Topics :Fire

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE