Fire Crews called to Blaze in utility room in Gillingham

woman and dog rescued from flooded home near sevenoaks

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus have tackled a blaze in the utility room of a property in Wigmore Road, Gillingham, using a high-pressure hose reel jet.

Once the fire was extinguished, crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke and fumes from the property.

Firefighters then conducted a Safe and Well visit for the occupier and fitted two smoke alarms. If you know someone who would benefit from this free service, please visit for details. There are no reports of any injuries and the cause is not thought to be deliberate.