A rapist who entered a woman’s caravan in the early hours following the Royal Windsor Horse Show and attacked her has been jailed for eight years and six months. Ryan Dinnage, from Croydon in south London, raped the woman on May 16, 2022, following the final day of the equestrian event in Windsor, Berkshire. Thames Valley Police said the victim had been working at the show when the offence took place. The attack happened in the early hours of the morning after Dinnage entered the woman’s caravan. She reported the rape later that day and police launched an investigation. Dinnage was arrested on May 17.
Forensic evidence linked Dinnage to rape
During his initial police interviews, Dinnage denied that any sexual activity had taken place. However, forensic evidence subsequently linked him to the offence. After being confronted with the evidence, Dinnage changed his account and claimed the encounter had been consensual. Detectives also recovered digital evidence from his mobile phone which placed him near the victim’s caravan at the time of the attack. Following a lengthy investigation, Dinnage was charged by postal requisition on March 6, 2025.
Unanimously convicted of rape
Dinnage stood trial at Reading Crown Court, where a jury unanimously found him guilty of rape on June 8. He was acquitted of one count of sexual assault and one count of causing a woman to engage in non-penetrative sexual activity. Dinnage returned to court on July 30 and was sentenced to eight years and six months in prison.
Police praise victim’s courage
Investigating officer Detective Constable Arshid Ali praised the woman for her courage throughout what he described as a “long and difficult” four-year process. He said the prison sentence reflected the seriousness of Dinnage’s offending. DC Ali added: “I hope the sentence provides her with a sense of closure and allows her to begin moving forward with her life.”
Related: HMP The Mount in Chaos: Inmates Seize Wing Twice in 24 Hours, Riot Squad Called In
Related: Ex-Royal Marine Mark Fincham Dies in Horror Crash at Thruxton – Police Urge Witnesses to Share Footage
Related: Domino’s Pizza Rider Brutally Attacked by Four Men in Gosport Underpass – Police Appeal for Witnesses
Related: St Leonards Road Rage: Bald Man in White T-Shirt Attacks Driver Under Cinque Ports Way Bridge – Police Hunt Witnesses
Related: Salmonella Scare: Tesco Recalls 24 Products Including Chocolate & Chow Mein – Check Now!
Related: Southsea Seafront Roads Shut for Victorious Festival: Expect Major Traffic Chaos and Diversions This Weekend!
Related: Armed Police Search Van Outside Victorious Festival in High Terror Alert
Related: Woman Trapped Between Double Glazing in Bizarre Bristol Rescue – Firefighters Go Viral
Related: Missing 13-Year-Old Mohamed Abdelfatah Vanishes in Chesterfield – Police Urge Public Help
Related: Blaze Breaks Out on 8th Floor of Portsmouth Tower Block – Six Fire Crews Tackle Flames as Bus Routes Diverted
Related: Arson Alert: Wheelie Bin Blaze Ravages Epsom Playhouse as Police Probe Third Attack
Related: Red Skies Over UK: Hurricane Ophelia Brings Sahara Dust and Fire Smoke for Eerie Blood-Red Sun
Related: Missing Chiswick Woman’s Car Found at Beachy Head Sparks Massive Rescue Operation
Related: Missing Southampton Student Adam Lindley Found Dead in New Forest – Police Say No Suspicion
Related: Thugs Smash Widley Church Doors, Steal Poppy Appeal Tins in Callous Raid
Related: Schoolboy, 11, Fighting for Life After Audi TT Crash in Southwark Halts Traffic
Related: Third Man Known to Gaia Pope Held in Swanage Murder Hunt
Related: Teenager Stabbed to Death on Norwood Road After New Year’s Eve Bus Fight – No Arrests Yet
Related: Sutton Police Officer Stabbed in Knife-Point Robbery Arrest, Suspect Charged
Related: CCTV Footage Released as Police Hunt Trio Behind £920 Barking NatWest Distraction Theft
Related: Facebook and Instagram Crash Worldwide: Millions Locked Out in Major Outage
Related: £20K Reward as Police Release Chilling 999 Call After Pensioner’s Death in Barnet Burglary
Related: Morrisons Warns Shoppers Over Sneaky Prize Draw Text Scam Stealing Credit Card Details
Related: Teen, 15, Fights for Life After Brutal Havant Assault – Police Hunt Two Men on Bikes
Related: stabbing/">Fatal Fulham Stabbing: Man, 29, Dies After Early Morning Street Fight – Police Urge Witnesses to Come Forward
Related: Mum Claire Colebourn Jailed for Life Over Murder of Toddler Daughter Bethan in Fordingbridge
We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.
Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.