Migrant Busted for Serial Sexual Assaults Near Gatwick Asylum Hotel
A 26-year-old migrant has been found guilty of sexually assaulting three women in separate attacks while cycling near Gatwick Airport. The assaults happened along the same route as the man travelled from his job to a taxpayer-funded asylum hotel in Horley, Surrey.
Three Shocking Attacks on Same Cycle Route
- May 23, 9pm: Qais Al-Aswad slapped a woman’s bottom from behind as she walked home with her mother after a night at the pub.
- June 4, 9pm: He groped a second woman, grabbing and squeezing her bottom along the same cycle path.
- June 12, 10:45am: Near a Waitrose, Al-Aswad reached out to grab a third victim’s crotch as he cycled past.
Victims described feeling “violated” and “shocked.” One said: “It all happened really quickly and I was caught off guard.”
Damning CCTV and Phone Evidence
CCTV captured Al-Aswad riding a distinctive purple pedal bike. He was seen wearing camouflage jackets, unique Adidas trainers, and carrying an Air Jordan rucksack during each attack. Phone location data placed him at all three incidents.
District Judge Julie Cooper said: “The same bike was used, the person wore your trousers and your camouflage jacket, your phone shows you at the sites, and the same method of assault was employed on each occasion.”
Defence Falls Flat as Migrant Denies Attacks
During the trial, Al-Aswad denied being the cyclist. He claimed:
- His trainers and clothes had been borrowed by friends.
- A “homeless Egyptian friend” had used his bike and belongings.
- He was at work during the June 12 assault.
Speaking through an interpreter, Al-Aswad said: “I left my country. I left my wife and kids in the camp and seek safety… I have not assaulted any women.”
Convicted on All Counts, Sentencing Pending
Al-Aswad was convicted of all three sexual assaults. Judge Cooper remanded him in custody as a pre-sentence report is prepared.
“These are sexual offences and I need to know more about you before I can sentence you,” the judge told him.
He will be sentenced on 1 October 2025.
This case comes just weeks after protests outside the Sheraton Hotel, where campaigners voiced outrage over asylum housing policies.