Pervert, 77, Exposes Himself to Schoolgirls in Haringey Park
David Munday, 77, was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on Monday, 29 November after pleading guilty to exposing himself to a group of young girls in Haringey earlier this year.
Man Stalks and Exposes Himself to Innocent Girls
On the evening of Monday 10 May, around 7:15pm, five girls aged 11 and 12 were in Albert Recreational Ground, Haringey, when they noticed a man watching them. Munday followed the girls around the park before suddenly exposing himself.
Terrified, the girls ran off. One confided in a parent, who immediately alerted the police.
Police Caught Munday Thanks to CCTV and Quick Action
Haringey CID launched an investigation, circulating CCTV images of Munday in the park. Officers spotted him near the scene days later, wearing the same clothes, and arrested him on 14 May. He was charged the next day.
“Munday’s actions are deeply concerning, intentionally targeting young children for his own obscene gratification,” said Detective Constable Annette Corry, who led the investigation.
“This brazen offence took place in daylight and close to a school. I want to pay tribute to the bravery of the girls who told their parents and stood strong throughout the investigation.
These girls should be incredibly proud for helping bring Munday to justice.”
Police Urge Victims to Come Forward
The Metropolitan Police remain committed to tackling sexual offences. Anyone affected should come forward in confidence for support and justice.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.