Paulo Kretteis Jailed for 18 Years After Horrific Attacks on Two Women

Paulo Kretteis, 22, from Petts Hill, Northolt, was slammed with an 18-year prison sentence at Isleworth Crown Court on Friday, 16 April. This came after his conviction for raping two women and making threats to kill.

Brutal Attacks Shock West London

Kretteis was found guilty on Thursday, 28 January, of multiple violent crimes. He pleaded guilty earlier to two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH).

Detective Sergeant James Bulpin, who led the investigation, described the chilling details: “Kretteis attacked a lone woman late at night on the street and only ran off when a passerby interrupted the assault. He thought he had got away, but now he can reflect on his crimes behind bars.”

Detective Constable Asha Adams added: “Kretteis is a dangerous predator with zero remorse for the women he raped. Their courage in coming forward and facing court is inspiring. I hope other victims of serious sexual offences feel empowered to speak out.”

Timeline of Attacks and Arrest

  • 13 October 2019 – At around 4:40am, a woman in her mid-20s was raped on a footbridge near Bentworth Road, W12. She told police Kretteis assaulted her after they met outside a bar. The attack was stopped by a passerby, and a driver called the police.
  • Police recovered CCTV footage and Kretteis’s DNA from the victim’s coat, but he was not immediately identified.
  • 15 December 2019 – Police responded to reports of a disturbance in Ealing. A woman in her early 20s said she had been assaulted and raped by Kretteis, who was known to her. He was arrested at the scene.
  • Kretteis’s DNA matched the earlier rape attack, leading to further charges in February 2020.

Sentence Breakdown

  • Rape: 10 years
  • Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm (ABH): 3 years 11 months
  • Threats to Kill: 4 years
  • Second Rape: 8 years
  • Second ABH: 3 years 11 months

Total: 18 years imprisonment

If you or someone you know is a victim of sexual offence, visit the police website for information and support from charities and agencies.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE