Year 7 Boy Attacked and Sprayed with Substance in Peacehaven
Police rushed to the Playing Field by Roderick Avenue, Peacehaven, on Thursday afternoon after reports that a Year 7 pupil from Peacehaven Community School had been attacked.
Witnesses Describe Shocking Assault
A witness revealed, “Three or four boys attacked the boy and sprayed some sort of substance in his face.”
The victim was taken to hospital, kept in overnight, and was discharged the following afternoon.
Police Confirm All Parties Known, No Further Suspects
A Sussex Police spokesperson said: “Police responded to reports of an altercation in Peacehaven on Thursday (November 10) at about 3.15pm. The parties were known to each other, and we are not seeking anyone else in relation to the incident.”
Peacehaven Community School Responds
The school issued a statement to parents stressing they take safeguarding “extremely seriously”.
They said: “We are working closely with the police, community services, and other schools to support our students following this event. We will address both the physical incident and the inappropriate use of social media. It was distressing, especially given the number of young people who filmed and stood by passively.”
Community Rallies Around Victim with Fundraiser
Local dad Dan Palmer, who has children at the school, has launched a GoFundMe page to support the boy’s recovery. He said: “After hearing about this horrible incident, we want to show our love and support by raising funds – maybe for new games or whatever he’s into. It’s every parent’s worst nightmare. We hope this helps restore some faith in our community and wish him a full and speedy recovery.”
To donate, visit GoFundMe: Community Togetherness.