Brutal Bristol Beast Jailed for Nine Years

A Henbury man has been locked up for nine years after a horrific assault on a woman left her scarred for life. Rocky Milano, 41, of Standfast Road, faced justice yesterday (Wednesday 12 July) after being convicted of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

Horrific Attack Unfolded Over Christmas

The court heard how, during the night of 21 to 22 December last year, Milano launched a savage attack on the victim, a woman in her 30s. His violence escalated dramatically as he stamped, strangled, stabbed, and repeatedly hit her – even inflicting burn injuries. The victim was left with liver damage, broken ribs, a fractured spine, facial burns, bruises all over her body, and stab wounds on her leg. Shockingly, Milano also shaved her head.

When Milano finally fell asleep, the terrified victim fled the scene and was rushed to hospital by ambulance.

Victim Speaks Out: ‘I’m Haunted by the Torture’

“What Rocky did to me has affected me hugely,” the victim said. “I was devastated not to be able to spend Christmas and New Year with my family, instead being in the hospital. “I’m in agony from my ribs, abdomen and arms. Some injuries will take a long time to heal, and I’m scared of the scars. “The way he tortured me has traumatised me completely. I have flashbacks, nightmares, and can barely sleep. I’m scared to leave the house on my own and need someone with me for safety.”

Zero Tolerance to Violence – Cops Speak

Detective Inspector Will Thorpe said: “Milano subjected his victim to hours of serious prolonged attacks, comparable to torture. “I applaud the victim’s strength in coming forward after such a horrific ordeal. Milano denied his brutal actions and went to trial but was found guilty by the jury. I hope this sentence delivers some justice. “Violence like this is absolutely disgraceful and unacceptable. We’re dedicated to tackling violence against women and girls and improving support for victims. We urge anyone suffering violence to come forward.”

Judge Slams ‘Degrading’ Attack

Milano was cleared of blackmail charges but sentencing Judge Peter Blair praised the “exceptionally good job” by police and addressed Milano directly:

“This was a persistent attack. You added a particularly cruel twist by shaving her head, humiliating and degrading her. “You treated her as less than human.”

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE