Fans of Taylor Swift can breathe a sigh of relief as the pop superstar will...

Published: 4:59 pm August 8, 2024
Updated: 12:03 pm October 8, 2025
Taylor Swift to Perform in London Despite Vienna Terror Threats

Fans of Taylor Swift can breathe a sigh of relief as the pop superstar will continue her Eras Tour in London, following the cancellation of her Vienna concerts due to an alleged terror plot. London Mayor Sadiq Khan confirmed that the UK capital will “carry on” with hosting Swift’s concerts at Wembley Stadium this month.

On Wednesday, August 7, all three of Swift’s performances at Vienna’s Ernst Happel Stadium were canceled, and two suspected extremists were arrested by Austrian police. The singer had been scheduled to perform on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Taylor Swift to Perform in London Despite Vienna Terror Threats
Suspected Isis-inspired Terrorist Pictured With Zombie Knives, Plotted Attack At Taylor Swift Concert

Mayor and Police Reassure Fans

Mayor Khan told Sky News today, August 8, that London is “looking forward to welcoming Taylor Swift back” and emphasized the city’s experience in hosting major events. We have a huge amount of experience in policing these events. We’re never complacent, many lessons were learned after the awful Manchester Arena attack,” he said.

Policing minister Diana Johnson also reassured fans, stating that Scotland Yard will review “all the intelligence” ahead of Swift’s five dates at London’s Wembley Stadium from August 15 to August 20.

Vienna Concerts Cancelled for Safety

On Instagram, Vienna event organizer Barracuda Music announced the cancellations, citing “confirmation from government officials of a planned terrorist attack at Ernst Happel Stadium.” Austria’s interior minister, Gerhard Karner, confirmed that “a tragedy was prevented,” drawing comparisons to past concert attacks such as the 2015 Bataclan attack in Paris and the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing.

Franz Ruf, director general for public security at Austria’s Ministry of the Interior, detailed the arrests of a 19-year-old suspect in Ternitz and a 17-year-old in Vienna. He noted that chemical substances and technical equipment were found at the 19-year-old’s home.

Security Measures in London

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police highlighted London’s capability to handle high-profile events safely. The Met works closely with venue security teams and other partners to ensure there are appropriate security and policing plans in place. There is nothing to indicate that the matters being investigated by the Austrian authorities will have an impact on upcoming events here in London.”

The Metropolitan Police assured that they will “continue to keep any new information under careful review” to ensure the safety of all attendees.

Looking Forward

Despite the concerning events in Vienna, Taylor Swift’s London concerts will proceed as planned. Fans can look forward to enjoying her performances in a secure environment, thanks to the robust preparations and vigilance of London’s authorities.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE