A Metropolitan Police officer has been charged with misconduct in public office after allegedly sharing...

Published: 11:39 pm August 9, 2024
Updated: 12:03 pm October 8, 2025
Met Police Officer Charged with Misconduct for Sharing ‘CCTV Images of Woman Being Raped’

A Metropolitan Police officer has been charged with misconduct in public office after allegedly sharing CCTV images related to the rape of two women, including one who later died.

PC Adam Aspinall Da Encarnacao, who is attached to the West Area policing team, is set to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Monday, August 12. The charges against him pertain to the inappropriate possession and sharing of images concerning the alleged rape of one woman and the rape of another.

One of the women involved in the case is 37-year-old Natalie Shotter, who tragically died on July 17, 2021, in Southall Park after a night out with friends. Ms. Shotter’s death has sparked significant controversy, with her mother, Dr. Cas Shotter-Weetman, previously accusing the Met Police of a “huge dereliction of duty” on the night her daughter died.

PC Encarnacao has been accused of sharing CCTV images related to the alleged rape of Ms. Shotter, who was found dead in Southall Park. The NHS worker’s mother had earlier criticized the police response on the night of her daughter’s death, claiming that two officers refused to assist when approached by Ms. Shotter’s male friend, who was concerned for her wellbeing. The officers allegedly told the friend to call 101 instead of intervening.

Following Ms. Shotter’s death, Mohamed Iidow, 34, of no fixed address, was charged with her rape and manslaughter on December 21 last year.

The Metropolitan Police has informed both Ms. Shotter’s family and the second woman involved of the charges against PC Encarnacao. A spokesperson for the Met said, “Our thoughts and sympathies remain with them for their loss and for the impact this news will have.

PC Encarnacao was arrested on September 12, 2022, and was immediately suspended from duty. He was subsequently charged with two counts of misconduct in public office on July 3, 2024. The Met Police’s professional standards officers are also investigating the matter, with a misconduct investigation to follow after the conclusion of criminal proceedings.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE