Murder Probe Launched After Man Found Dead Following Aldi Car Park Assault
Derbyshire police have launched a murder investigation after Luke Elliott-Shircore was found dead at his home in Ilkeston, over a month after being attacked in an Aldi car park.
Aldi Car Park Attack Sparks Murder Inquiry
Luke Elliott-Shircore, 42, described by friends as a kind, dog-loving man, was assaulted on Sunday, 25 May at around 4.15pm in the Aldi car park in Ilkeston. He was later found dead at his home on Wednesday, 25 June.
Detective Chief Inspector Jen Lovatt of the East Midlands Major Crime Unit confirmed the murder investigation had been launched. She said:
“Luke’s family are aware we have launched a murder investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death. They are being supported by specialist officers.”
“Our thoughts go out to them at this sad time, and we ask that their wishes for privacy are respected.”
Police Urge Witnesses to Step Forward
Officers are appealing for anyone who saw the assault or suspicious activity in the Aldi car park between 4pm and 5pm on 25 May to come forward.
“We believe someone in the local community has information about the events leading to Luke’s death,” said DCI Lovatt.
“Did you see a man being attacked? Did anyone act suspiciously? Perhaps you spoke to Luke that day?”
How to Help the Investigation
If you have any information, CCTV, or dashcam footage, contact Derbyshire Police quoting reference 722 of 25 May. You can:
- Visit the Derbyshire Police website
- Call the non-emergency number 101
- Give information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Community Reels as Police Ramp Up Patrols
Ilkeston residents have been left stunned by the tragic news, with many sending condolences to Luke’s family and voicing concerns about local safety.
Police assured the public they are following multiple leads and have increased patrols around the area to boost reassurance.