Police are appealing for witnesses and dashcam footage following a serious collision in New Cross...

Published: 12:28 pm February 20, 2025
Updated: 12:49 pm October 8, 2025
Police appela for Dash cam after Woman Struck by Van in New Cross

Police are appealing for witnesses and dashcam footage following a serious collision in New Cross that left a woman with lasting injuries.

The incident occurred on Monday, 10 February, shortly after 2:00 PM on Milton Court Road, SE14, when a female pedestrian in her 30s was struck by a van. The vehicle failed to stop at the scene but has since been recovered by authorities.

Emergency services, including officers from the Metropolitan Police and the London Ambulance Service, responded quickly, and the woman was rushed to the hospital. While her condition is not life-threatening, police confirmed she is likely to suffer long-term injuries as a result of the collision.

Police Treating Incident as Deliberate

Detective Sergeant Jack Mounstephen of the South East Command Unit stated that investigators are treating the collision as a deliberate act and are working to piece together the events leading up to the incident.

“At this stage, we are treating this incident as a deliberate act and need to understand exactly what happened in the build-up and aftermath,” DS Mounstephen said.

“Were you in the area of Milton Court Road between 2:00 PM and 2:25 PM on Monday, 10 February? Did you witness this incident which resulted in a woman being seriously injured? No matter how insignificant you think the information you have is, I would urge you to contact us immediately.”

He also appealed to drivers in the area to review any dashcam or camera footage that might have captured the incident.

Arrests and Legal Proceedings

So far, two men have been arrested in connection with the incident:

  • A man has appeared in court charged with grievous bodily harm and causing serious injury due to dangerous driving.
  • A second suspect, aged 46, has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and has been bailed pending further enquiries.

Police have not yet confirmed whether the victim and the suspects were known to each other, but investigations are ongoing.

Community Concerns and Appeal for Information

Local residents have expressed concern over the nature of the incident. “It’s shocking to hear that something like this could happen in broad daylight on a quiet road,” said Angela Carter, who lives nearby. “We hope the woman recovers fully and that those responsible are brought to justice.”

Officers are urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who has relevant footage to come forward.

If you have any information, please contact the Metropolitan Police by calling 101 or via X (formerly Twitter) at @MetCC, quoting reference 01/7148469/25. Alternatively, you can provide information anonymously through Crimestoppers at 0800 555 111.

Support for the Victim

The victim’s family has requested privacy as she continues her recovery. Police have confirmed that victim support services are being provided to help her and her loved ones through this difficult time.

As the investigation continues, police remain focused on ensuring that all those involved are held accountable and that justice is served for the victim.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE