Brutal Hyde Park Brawl: 14 Cops Attacked, Police Hunt Nine Suspects

Violence Erupts Over Illegal Hyde Park Party

The Met Police are hunting nine suspects after 14 officers were viciously attacked last weekend. Officers tried to break up a crowd of over 100 people blasting music and ignoring Coronavirus rules in Hyde Park on Saturday, 24 April.

When cops asked the crowd to stop the music and disperse, they were met with violence. Attackers hurled missiles and launched physical assaults, leaving five officers needing medical treatment.

‘Worst Violence in Years’, Says Met Detective

Detective Chief Inspector Nat Norris of the Met’s Public Order Command slammed the shocking attacks. “The level of violence directed at these officers is some of the worst I have seen in recent years,” said Norris.

“These officers were simply trying to do their job and it can never be acceptable for them to be attacked in this way.”

The Met is urging anyone who recognises the nine suspects to come forward immediately.

Police Plea: Help Catch the Hyde Park Attackers

  • Call the incident room on 07776 673655
  • Email [email protected] – quote Operation Koban
  • Or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

Three Arrested, But Hunt Continues

So far, three people were arrested on Saturday connected to the assault. They have been bailed pending further investigations as police continue their search for the other suspects.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

Topics :CrimePolice

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE