Bristol Riot: Two More Arrests Made, Total Now 19
Police hunting those behind Bristol’s violent chaos this weekend have arrested two more men, both in their 40s. This latest move bumps the total number of suspects in custody to 19.
Ongoing Investigation into Saturday’s Disorder
The pair were detained overnight on suspicion of violent disorder, as cops ramp up their probe into the mayhem that tore through the city.
“The investigation into Saturday’s events is ongoing,” said a police spokesperson. “We are committed to bringing all those responsible for the disorder to justice. These latest arrests show we are relentless in tracking down anyone involved.”
The trouble left behind a trail of damage and injuries, shaking the community. Authorities continue piecing together what happened to hold the culprits accountable.
Three Charged Amid Broader Crackdown
Earlier this week, three men faced charges for violent disorder and are due in court next month. This crackdown forms part of a wider police strategy to restore order in Bristol.
Local leaders and officials have condemned the violence, promising stronger measures to keep residents safe. A Bristol City Council rep said:
“The events of this past weekend were deeply troubling. We are working closely with the police to support their investigation and ensure that Bristol remains a safe place for all residents.”
Police Call for Witnesses to Step Forward
As the inquiry continues, officers urge anyone with information to come forward. Tips can be given directly to police or anonymously via Crimestoppers.