Sheffield Stabber Locked Up for Four Years

A 27-year-old man has been handed a four-year prison sentence after pleading guilty to stabbing a man in Sheffield earlier this year.

Violent Attack in Bowden Wood Close

On the night of Friday 12 June, emergency services were scrambled to Bowden Wood Close just before midnight. They found a 32-year-old man with serious stab wounds to his back, face, and fingers.

The victim told officers his attacker fled into a nearby property. Police quickly arrested Emmanuel Oni at his home and took him into custody.

Investigation and Sentencing

At Sheffield Crown Court on 15 December, Oni admitted to Section 20 assault and received a four-year sentence.

“The injuries the victim suffered were severe and initially were thought to be life-threatening. Thankfully, this was not the case and I am pleased that he has been able to recover,” said PC Jennifer Guest, the lead investigator.

“Oni has accepted responsibility for his violent and dangerous behaviour that evening, which could so easily have resulted in a fatality.

“We do not tolerate knife crime in South Yorkshire and I hope the victim is reassured by the swift action taken to bring Oni into custody and put him before the court for this crime.”

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE