Lancing Man Jailed Over Years of Horrific Domestic Abuse

Luke Maddran, 38, has been locked up for over six years after terrorising a woman and threatening to kill her and his own family. The Lancing man, who has no fixed address, was sentenced to six years and two months at Hove Crown Court on Monday, 24 February.

Chilling Threats and Brutal Attacks

Maddran pleaded guilty to a string of shocking offences including intentional strangulation, coercive and controlling behaviour, actual bodily harm, and making threats to kill. The horror came to light on 17 September 2024, when the victim, a woman in her 30s, told police Maddran had been on his way to kill her and her children.

For five long years, Maddran subjected the woman to relentless physical violence, mental torture, and death threats. The abuse escalated to multiple violent assaults, threats to kidnap her son, and deadly warnings not just against the victim but members of Maddran’s own family—who reported living in constant fear for their lives.

Swift Police Action and Tough Sentencing

Sussex Police launched an urgent search and arrested Maddran on the same day of the final threat. Charged with multiple serious offences, he was remanded in custody immediately. At Hove Trial Centre on 20 February, he admitted all charges.

On top of his jail time, Maddran was slapped with a 14-year restraining order banning any contact with the victims or their children. He is also barred from entering West Sussex during this period.

Detective Inspector Matt Phelps said: “Luke Maddran is an extremely dangerous individual, who made vile threats that he has repeatedly proven he is capable of fulfilling. He subjected the woman in this investigation to years of violent and psychological torment, before causing his own family to fear for their lives.

I would like to thank all the victims for their courage in reporting Maddran and supporting the investigation despite the trauma they suffered at his hands.

If you are a victim of domestic violence, please report it to police. We will do all we can to get you to safety and hold your abuser to account.”

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE