Disabled Man Targeted by Schoolboys in Harrow Bus Station Horror

Police have launched an urgent probe after a disabled man was reportedly chased and harassed by schoolchildren at Harrow Bus Station on Monday, 17 March, around 5pm.

Chased onto Route 182 Bus in Disturbing Attack

The victim, desperate for safety, fled onto a Route 182 bus as two boys, believed to be around 12 years old, gave chase, eyewitnesses say. The man begged the driver to close the doors quickly to keep the youths at bay.

“A disabled guy quickly got inside the bus, trying to close the bus doors, asking the driver to close them and go because some school kids (two of them that I saw) were running behind him and trying to attack him,” said a witness.

The children allegedly attempted to force their way inside by pushing and even struggling to open the rear doors manually from the outside.

“They were trying to push the door to get in. One of them even tried to open the outside bottom of the back doors, while the disabled guy was begging for help,” the witness added.

The situation escalated as the kids reportedly punched and kicked the bus doors, causing damage.

“During these kicks and punches on the door, it broke the door,” the witness revealed.

Victim Shaken as Passengers Look On

The disabled man was visibly upset and kept telling the witness that the children had been targeting him. Shockingly, other passengers did not step in, with many choosing to exit the bus amid the chaos. Fragments of broken glass were found scattered near the stop.

“He was very upset and shaking, telling me the kids were after him — he kept repeating it.”

TfL and Police Step In

Transport for London (TfL) expressed deep concern. Rosie Trew, Head of Bus Service Delivery, said:

“We are very concerned to hear about this incident. The safety and welfare of people on our network is our top priority, and this will have been a distressing incident for everyone involved.”

TfL confirmed that station staff checked the passenger’s welfare immediately. Bus operator Metroline is co-operating with police and has handed over CCTV footage from the bus to aid the investigation.

“We do not tolerate any abuse or harassment against our passengers or staff,” Trew added. “We encourage anyone with further information about this incident to come forward to us or to the police.”

TfL also reminded that all bus drivers are trained to remain in the cab and call for help during such threats.

Police Appeal for Witnesses

The police are urging anyone who saw the incident or knows more to get in touch to assist with their inquiries. Members of the public can contact the authorities directly or report anonymously via Crimestoppers.

Further updates will follow as the investigation continues.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

Topics :Police

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE