Detective: No Ongoing Danger After Canvey Island Murder

A man in his 40s was found critically injured in a Canvey Island car park before 1:45am on Saturday, February 4. He later died from his wounds.

Snapped Up After Pub Visit

Detective Chief Inspector Greg Wood, leading the murder probe, revealed the victim and suspects had been at The Haystack pub earlier that night. He urged locals and pub-goers to come forward with any info.

“I believe someone who was in the pub or lives locally will know the identity of those responsible. Please contact us or Crimestoppers,” said DCI Wood.

Targeted Attack, No Wider Threat

DCI Wood said the assault was targeted and there’s no ongoing risk to the public. Police have maintained a cordon at the scene but hope to shrink it soon.

“Our investigation is progressing well. The cordon will remain in place until tomorrow while enquiries continue,” he added.

He thanked the public for their patience amid disruption in Canvey town centre.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

Topics :CrimePolice

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE