Triple Shooting Shakes Sydenham After Raucous Flat Party
A wild party in Sydenham ended in tragedy when gunfire erupted the next morning, leaving one man dead and two injured. The drama unfolded on Sunday, November 10, after a “very busy” gathering at a flat on Hensford Gardens near Wells Park Road.
Nightlong Music Ends in Bloody Dawn
Residents reported loud music blasting from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m., with people constantly coming and going. Sabrina Charles, 42, said: “The music started around 11 p.m. and carried on until 5 a.m. It didn’t bother me at first because I thought it was a celebration, but then I heard about the shooting.”
At around 10 a.m., police were called to the scene. Paramedics found a man with fatal gunshot wounds, who was pronounced dead at the scene. A woman with leg injuries was rushed to hospital, with doctors saying her wounds are not life-threatening. A third victim later arrived at hospital with suspected gunshot injuries; their condition is still unclear.
Police Launch Full Investigation, Appeal for Witnesses
The eastern end of Wells Park Road and parts of Hensford Gardens were sealed off for forensic teams to comb the area. Commander Peter Stevens branded the attack a “senseless act of violence” and vowed to catch those responsible. He said, “I share the community’s concerns and can assure them that the Met’s response, alongside our partners, has been swift.”
No arrests have been made so far. Police are urgently seeking anyone with information, including CCTV or doorbell footage. Witnesses are urged to come forward immediately.
How to Help Police Crack the Case
- Call the Metropolitan Police on 101
- Message @MetCC on X (formerly Twitter) with reference 2527/10nov
- Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111