‘Porky’ Clark’s Violent Spree Rocks Sunderland Streets

David ‘Porky’ Clark sparked terror across Southwick on April 5, 2020, unleashing a brutal rampage that left locals shaken. Behind the wheel of a Mercedes, Clark led a convoy of cars down Ridley Street, deliberately trying to run over a man in the road.

Car Chaos and Brutal Stabbing

As the victim sped away in a silver hatchback, Clark and a Volvo driver rammed into his car before crashing into a parked vehicle, causing chaos in the peaceful neighbourhood. The nightmare continued minutes later on Beaumont Street, where Clark and his gang — Shaun Hewitt, Shaun McGregor, and Leigh Coulson — forced their way into a violent confrontation.

The gang disarmed Luke Owen, who was armed with a machete, before savagely assaulting and stabbing him. Owen suffered serious leg wounds and facial cuts in the horrific attack.

Threats, Arson and Court Drama

Earlier the same evening, Clark’s girlfriend, Coulson, was spotted threatening a Ridley Street resident, warning he’d be “burnt to a crisp” and that a car would be rammed through his living room. That very night, a vehicle was reversed into the victim’s front door and set ablaze by unknown attackers.

Clark, 36, from Gordon Terrace, Sunderland, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, violent disorder, and assault occasioning actual bodily harm at Newcastle Crown Court last Thursday.

Coulson, 32, also from Gordon Terrace, admitted violent disorder and threats to commit criminal damage by fire. Accomplices Hewitt, 29, McGregor, 32, and Owen, 34, previously admitted violent disorder connected to the Beaumont Street fight.

Justice on the Horizon

All five men face sentencing on May 4 at Newcastle Crown Court. Detective Inspector Andy Richardson branded Clark’s actions “absolutely appalling” and said the community can take some comfort that these violent offenders will be removed from Sunderland’s streets.

“Clark is well-known to police and has shown total disregard for the law and others’ safety. We will not tolerate this violence,” said DI Richardson.

Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner Kim McGuinness echoed the sentiment:

“These crimes are unacceptable. Sunderland will be safer without these callous offenders. We must do all we can to stop terrorising criminal groups.”

Community Help and Next Steps

Residents worried about local crime can contact neighbourhood officers at the Salvation Army building in Austin House, Ridley Street.

This violent saga serves as a stark warning: police are cracking down hard on gang violence and organised crime across Sunderland.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE