Post The man who detonated explosives at an immigration centre was discovered dead nearby, along...

Published: 8:56 pm October 30, 2022
Updated: 8:56 pm October 30, 2022
Dover Firebomb Incident: Police Say Is Not Currently Being Treated As A Terrorist Incident And Detectives Are Keeping An Open Mind While The Investigation Continues
Post
The man who detonated explosives at an immigration centre was discovered
dead nearby, along with another unexploded device, according to police.
At 11.22 a.m., the emergency services were called to a Home Office location
in Dover’s The Viaduct.
Witnesses reported seeing a man in a striped top throw petrol bombs from a
white SEAT SUV.
He is said to have hanged himself moments later, with police arriving
almost immediately on the scene.
“Officers established that two to three incendiary devices had been thrown
outside and into the premises by a single suspect who arrived at the scene
in a car,” a spokesman said this evening.
The suspect was identified and quickly located at a nearby gas station,
where he was pronounced dead.”
The Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit was called to the scene to make sure
there were no more threats.”
A second device was discovered and confirmed to be safe within the
suspect’s vehicle.
While the site remained open, approximately 700 suspected migrants were
relocated to Manston to ensure their safety during the initial phase of the
police investigation.”
Kent detectives are still investigating the incident.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE