Archie Battersbee Dead: Family Vows to Fight After Court Rules Teen Passed Away
Twelve-year-old Archie Battersbee was found unconscious at his Essex home on April 7. Doctors at the Royal London Hospital told the High Court he was “highly likely” brain-stem dead. On Monday, the High Court ruled Archie died at noon on May 31 based on MRI scans.
Family Devastated by Court Decision
Archie’s mother, Hollie Dance, broke her silence after the ruling, saying she was “devastated” but pledged to appeal. She slammed the court and hospital for ignoring her family’s wishes, adding, “I do not believe Archie has been given enough time.”
Mrs Dance also called on supporters to join a 1-for-Archie campaign on Facebook. “Your help has been incredible. I am truly blessed to have Archie as my son. He’s made me a proud mother,” she said.
Vigils and Prayers for Archie
On Monday evening, hundreds gathered outside the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel. They prayed and released balloons alongside Archie’s mother. Mrs Dance urged all faith leaders, community supporters, and politicians to unite and pray for Archie’s healing.
“May I please request that all of you attend a vigil for him? I am inviting all faith leaders, supporters from all communities, and politicians to attend and pray for my son, hoping that God will hear his voice and grant him healing. Thank you very much.”
Tragic Incident Linked to Online Challenge
The court heard Archie suffered brain damage during a domestic incident. His mother suspects the injury was linked to a dangerous online challenge. Since then, Archie has remained unconscious, fighting for his life.
Family Refuse to Give Up
Archie’s parents, Hollie Dance and Paul Battersbee, have clashed with the hospital over his care. They have received backing from the Christian Legal Centre. Hollie vowed that the family will never “give up on Archie.”