Paedophile’s Explosive Film Stunt Sparks London Outrage

A shocking blast at an open-air film set near the O2 Arena in Silvertown, Newham, has left locals terrified and spotlighted London’s lax safety checks. Last week, a planned explosion went wildly out of control, causing panic and raising serious questions about who’s watching over public safety in the capital.

Convicted Offender Runs Chaotic Stunt

The man behind the madness is 38-year-old Jacky Jhaj, a convicted paedophile with a notorious criminal past. Jhaj was jailed in 2016 for sex offences involving two 15-year-old girls. Despite this, he duped his way into the role of film producer and led the dangerous stunt that could have ended far worse.

During filming, Jhaj stripped naked as a huge explosion launched the roof of a fake police van 50 feet into the air. Using gunpowder and detonation cord, the blast caused chaos and fear among nearby residents – none were warned of the mayhem about to unfold.

‘Project Dover’ Turns Fiery and Furious

The stunt was part of a mysterious production called Project Dover. Reports say Jhaj sat at a typewriter amid scattered newspapers. He then threw lit cigarettes at a police car, a police van, and a lorry with the BBC World News logo – all erupting into a colossal fireball.

Originally, filming was set for August 24, with Jhaj hiding behind a grotesque mask. But once he removed it, several crew members recognised him and quit immediately. Undeterred, Jhaj tried to lure them back with fat cash offers—up to £5,000 per person, way above standard pay.

New Crew Hired, Danger Escalates

Sources told MailOnline that Jhaj has a habit of creating fake film projects to hide his true identity and schemes. The stunt might have been a twisted retaliation against the BBC, police, and press for exposing his crimes.

After the original crew left, Jhaj hired special effects technicians from Eastern Europe for a ‘reshoot’ on August 31. This new team reportedly packed the set with high explosives, leading to a fire that quickly spread beyond control, sparking fresh alarm.

Authorities Deny Involvement, Safety Advocates Furious

The BBC has slammed any connection to the chaotic event. A spokesperson said, “There is no BBC News involvement in the events of this evening in Docklands.” Likewise, the Metropolitan Police in Newham called it a “pre-planned filming event” and assured the public that no safety risks existed.

But outrage is boiling over. Londoners and safety campaigners demand answers – how did a known sex offender pull off such a reckless act? With his criminal history and loose oversight in place, many are calling for tougher background checks and stricter rules on who can run public events and hazardous film shoots.

The investigation is still underway, but one thing is clear: London’s safety protocols just got blown apart.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

Topics :Crime

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE