Jimmy Mizen’s Killer Sent Back to Prison Over Boastful Drill Rap Lyrics
Murderer Jake Fahri Recalled After Rapping About Crime
Jake Fahri, who murdered 16-year-old Jimmy Mizen in 2008, has been thrown back behind bars. The 35-year-old, released on licence earlier this year after serving 14 years, was recalled on Thursday for breaking licence conditions. Officials say Fahri allegedly bragged about the chilling killing in his drill rap tracks.
Back in 2009, Fahri, then 19, was sentenced to life after throwing a glass dish at Jimmy in a southeast London bakery, severing an artery in the teen’s neck. Fahri’s purported rap persona TEN masks him as a drill artist whose songs reference the brutal attack on Jimmy.
Controversial Lyrics Spark Outrage
In one track, TEN raps:
“Stuck it on a man and watched him melt like Ben and Jerry’s. Sharpen up my blade I’ve got to keep those necessary. Stay alert and kept it ready, any corner could be deadly.”
Another verse chillingly goes:
“See a man’s soul fly from his eyes and his breath gone… I wanted more, it made it less wrong. Seeing blood spilled same floor he was left on.”
Some of TEN’s non-violent tracks were aired on BBC Radio 1Xtra’s Introducing show before Fahri’s identity was known. The BBC has since vowed not to play his music again.
Family Furious Over Brazen Boasts
Jimmy’s parents, Margaret and Barry Mizen, reacted with shock and anger. Margaret told the BBC the lyrics were “absolutely horrendous” and left her “a little bit numb.” She demanded to know how this was allowed.
Barry slammed the parole system, saying, “He did all the programmes, but it doesn’t seem to have made a blind bit of difference. What’s the point?”
Margaret, awarded an MBE for her community work since Jimmy’s death, said Fahri’s behaviour exposed “flaws in the rehabilitation and parole system.”
Official Reactions and Broader Debate
The Probation Service expressed sympathy for Jimmy’s family and confirmed Fahri breached strict licence terms. They condemned him for “shamelessly boasting” about violence.
Culture Secretary Lisa Nandy called the situation “horrendous” and extended condolences to the Mizen family. She said the BBC and others involved “will want to reflect” on how Fahri’s music got airtime.
A BBC spokesperson clarified that the most offensive lyrics were never broadcast and confirmed Fahri’s music will be banned.
Drill Music Under Fire Again
This explosive case has reignited fierce debate over drill music’s influence and the responsibilities of broadcasters who platform content linked to criminals. Meanwhile, the Mizen family continues to fight for justice and systemic reform, determined no other family suffers their pain.
Jimmy Mizen’s tragic death shocked the nation 16 years ago. Now, the fallout reminds us how such horrors haunt families and communities for years to come.