Two Teens Found Guilty of Stabbing Owen Dunn to Death in Swindon
Two teenagers have been convicted of murdering 18-year-old Owen Dunn in a brutal knife attack in Swindon last December. The unanimous jury at bristol/" title="Bristol" data-wpil-keyword-link="linked">Bristol Crown Court delivered the verdict today.
Tyler Hunt and Teen Accomplice Guilty
Tyler Hunt, 18, from Park South, and a 15-year-old boy — who cannot be named due to legal restrictions — were both found guilty of fatally stabbing Owen Dunn. The younger defendant was only 14 at the time of the attack.
CCTV Captures E-Bike Ride to Murder Scene
The chilling evidence presented to the court included CCTV, doorbell, and dashcam footage showing Hunt and the 15-year-old riding e-bikes to Mazurek Way in Swindon, where Owen was attacked on December 4, 2022. Owen had been cycling to see his girlfriend and was also carrying a weapon, which paramedics later found at the scene.
Family Pays Heartbreaking Tribute
“On the 4th December 2022, our lives as a family changed forever. We lost a son, a brother, a grandson, a nephew, and a friend,” Owen’s family said in a victim impact statement. “We mourn the milestones he’ll never reach – his 21st, 30th, 50th birthdays, marriage, parenthood, or gaining independence. He won’t see his brother start a family or share a drink with his cousin.”
“Our house is quiet. The absence of Owen’s laughter echoes through our home. We wait for his return, only to face the heartbreaking reality of saying goodbye.”
Police Warn Against Carrying Knives
Detective Chief Inspector Phil Walker of the Major Crime Investigation Team said, “Owen was a vibrant and cheerful young man who lost his life violently in broad daylight. This verdict offers some closure to his grieving family.”
He added, “This case lays bare the deadly risks of young people carrying knives. It has deeply impacted the local community. Carrying weapons is illegal, dangerous, and can have fatal consequences.”
Walker concluded, “Those with knives only put themselves and others at risk. I sincerely thank Owen’s family for their dignity throughout this trial and extend my condolences to all who knew him.”
Next Steps
Both teens had earlier admitted to knife possession charges. They remain in custody ahead of sentencing, pending further court proceedings.