Russell Brand Under Police Investigation for Historical Sexual Abuse Claims
The Metropolitan Police have launched an investigation into multiple historic sexual offence allegations against comedian and actor Russell Brand. The claims come from incidents said to have happened in London and other parts of the UK.
Allegations Sparked by Channel 4 and Sunday Times Probe
The Met confirmed the allegations emerged following an investigation by Channel 4’s Dispatches and The Sunday Times. All complaints are described as “non-recent,” meaning the alleged offences date back years.
A Met Police spokesperson said, “We are in the process of speaking to all women who have come forward with allegations.”
No Arrests Yet – Case Still Ongoing
So far, no arrests have been made. Police say enquiries into the claims are ongoing as they continue to gather evidence.
Russell Brand Denies All Allegations
Brand has fiercely denied all accusations. His lawyers insist every relationship was consensual, and no charges have been filed against him.
The comedian, known for his bold humour and social commentary, has not made any public comments about the investigation, leaving his legal team to handle statements.