Teen Girl Raped in Romford – Eight Days, No Arrests
Police are hunting a predator after a 15-year-old girl was raped in Romford late on Saturday, 22 June. A full week on, no suspects have been snapped up.
Horror at St Edwards Way
Emergency teams rushed to St Edwards Way near London Road at 11.36pm, where officers found the traumatised victim and locked down the scene. Specialist officers are now supporting the girl through this nightmare.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed the case remains open, with no arrests or suspects identified so far.
“A crime scene remains in place,” a Met spokesperson said, urging anyone with information to step forward.
Police Ramp Up Patrols
With fears rising in the community, the Met have boosted patrols around the area to keep residents safe and catch the culprit.
“We understand the concern this has caused. People can expect to see increased police presence,” said a Met spokesperson.
Community Demands Urgent Action
Havering Councillor David Taylor expressed his shock and heartbreak over the attack.
“I am devastated by the news, which will leave many feeling afraid to walk alone in our town. I pray for justice for the woman assaulted,” he posted on Facebook.
He has contacted senior police and called for an urgent public meeting to address safety concerns.
Witnesses Urgently Needed
If you saw anything near St Edwards Way or London Road around the time of the attack, or have CCTV or dashcam footage, police want to hear from you.
- Call 101 and quote reference 22/2487
- Or report anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Your tip could help bring a dangerous offender to justice.