A renewed appeal has been launched to help solve the murder of Junior George...

Published: 10:30 pm March 19, 2025
Updated: 1:00 pm October 8, 2025
£20,000 Reward Offered in Appeal to Solve Murder of Junior Nelson

 

A renewed appeal has been launched to help solve the murder of Junior George Nelson, whose remains were discovered in Northolt nine years ago. The independent charity Crimestoppers is now offering a reward of up to £20,000 for information that leads to the identification and prosecution of those responsible for his death.

The tragic case dates back to 14 March 2016, when Junior’s remains were found in undergrowth near railway lines behind Rabournmead Drive, Northolt. He had been reported missing months earlier, last seen on 15 August 2015 in Kilburn, northwest London.

A Decade Without Justice

The Metropolitan Police launched a murder investigation following the discovery of his remains, but despite extensive inquiries, no one has been charged with Junior’s killing.

Detective Constable Iain McDonald from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command said:

“It’s been ten years since Junior disappeared – years in which his family and friends have been left without the answers they deserve. We remain committed to finding those responsible for Junior’s death, but we need the public’s help.”

DC McDonald urged anyone with knowledge of the case to come forward, especially those in the Kilburn community, where Junior was well known.

“A lot can happen in ten years. Allegiances can change. Maybe you felt unable to speak up then – now is the time to do so.”

Appeal for Anonymity-Protected Information

The £20,000 reward will be administered by Crimestoppers, a charity that guarantees anonymity to those who provide information.

Alexa Loukas, London Regional Manager for Crimestoppers, said:

“Even though ten years have passed, what you know could be the key to bringing justice for Junior and giving his family the answers they desperately need. We don’t trace calls or record personal data. You can speak freely without fear.”

To be eligible for the reward, information must be submitted directly to Crimestoppers, either via 0800 555 111 or their online anonymous form at crimestoppers-uk.org. Callers must request a reward code when contacting the charity.

Timeline and Background

Junior Nelson was reported missing on 21 August 2015, last seen at his home on Aldershot Road, NW6 around midday on 15 August. Police believe he stayed local until the evening before travelling toward Wembley—a journey considered unusual for him.

His phone was last active in the Stonebridge Park area around 10pm on 15 August. It has never been recovered.

Detectives believe Junior was being exploited by individuals involved in drug dealing, and four people were previously arrested but later released without charge.

Police Urge Public to Come Forward

The Met Police continue to investigate the case and are appealing for fresh leads. Anyone with information can also provide it via the Major Incident Public Portal (MIPP).

“Even the smallest detail could be the breakthrough we need,” said DC McDonald.

For information:
Major Incident Public Portal (MIPP)
Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111 (anonymous reporting only)

Let justice finally be served for Junior Nelson.

We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.

Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.

SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE DAILY BREAKING NEWS AND PICTURES NEWSLETTER

Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

YOU MIGHT LIKE