A spate of violent knife attacks across London has left five people injured in three separate incidents over a three-day period, sparking renewed concerns about knife crime in the capital.

Between Saturday, 22 February, and Monday, 24 February, violent assaults occurred in Lower Clapton, Marylebone, and Stoke Newington, resulting in both non-life-threatening and life-changing injuries.

Man Hospitalised After Stabbing in Lower Clapton

The first incident took place on Saturday, 22 February, at 6:11pm when police were called to Evering Road, Lower Clapton, following reports of a stabbing. Officers found a man suffering from a stab wound to his arm.

The victim was taken to hospital, where his injuries were confirmed to be non-life-threatening. No arrests have been made so far, and enquiries into the incident are ongoing.

Triple Stabbing at Marylebone House

The following morning, on Sunday, 23 February, a violent altercation led to a triple stabbing in Marylebone. Police were called at 7:00am to a property on Portland Place after reports of an assault.

Four men were taken to hospital, three of whom had sustained stab wounds. Thankfully, their injuries were assessed as non-life-threatening. Officers arrested three men in connection with the incident:

  • One man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) and possession with intent to supply drugs.
  • Another was arrested on suspicion of GBH.
  • A third man was detained on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs.

Police have launched an investigation and believe the incident may be linked to drug-related activity.

Stabbing Near Stoke Newington Primary School Leaves Man With Life-Changing Injuries

The third incident occurred on Monday, 24 February, at 1:05pm, when a man was stabbed outside a primary school on Oldhill Street, Stoke Newington.

The victim, a 54-year-old man, was rushed to hospital where his injuries were deemed non-life-threatening but potentially life-changing. A 49-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

Police confirmed that no pupils were involved or injured in the incident, though the proximity to the school has raised concerns among local parents.

Police and Community Reactions

The Metropolitan Police are investigating each incident and have appealed for witnesses or anyone with relevant information to come forward.

A police spokesperson said: “We understand the community’s concerns following these violent incidents and are committed to thoroughly investigating each case. Knife crime remains a top priority, and we urge anyone with information to assist us in bringing those responsible to justice.”

Local community leaders and residents have expressed alarm over the recent surge in violence. Sarah Mitchell, a local parent from Stoke Newington, said: “It’s terrifying to think that something like this could happen so close to a school. We need to feel safe in our neighborhoods.”

Appeal for Information

Anyone with information regarding any of the incidents is urged to contact the Metropolitan Police:

The Met Police have increased patrols in the affected areas to reassure the public and deter further violence. Investigations into all three incidents remain ongoing.

Recommended for you

Must READ

More For You

More From UK News in Pictures

More From UKNIP