Peacehaven pupil attacked and sprayed with unknown substance in shocking playground assault
Incident at Playing Field
Police rushed to the Playing Field by Roderick Avenue in Peacehaven on Thursday afternoon after reports that a Year 7 boy from Peacehaven Community School had been attacked. The call came in around 4:15pm.
A witness revealed: “Three or four boys attacked the boy and sprayed some sort of substance in his face.”
Victim Hospitalised Overnight
The boy was taken to hospital for treatment and was kept in overnight. Thankfully, he was discharged this afternoon.
Police Statement: No One Else Being Sought
A Sussex Police spokesperson said: “Police responded to reports of an altercation in Peacehaven on Thursday (November 10) at about 3.15pm. The parties were known to each other and officers are not seeking anyone else in relation to the incident.”
School and Community Respond
Peacehaven Community School assured parents it is taking the matter seriously. Their full statement said:
“We are working closely with the police, community services, and other schools to support our students following this event. We will address not only the physical incident but also the inappropriate use of social media. The incident was made more concerning by the number of young people who filmed and were passive bystanders.”
Local father Dan Palmer, who has children at the school, set up a GoFundMe to help the injured boy recover.
“After hearing yesterday’s horrible news about a young lad being seriously hurt, I thought we could show our love and support by raising funds to help with his recovery – maybe for some new computer games or whatever he enjoys. It’s every parent’s worst nightmare. We want to show that not everyone in our community is bad and restore some faith to the young lad. We wish him a full and speedy recovery.”
To donate, visit GoFundMe: Community Togetherness.