A man has been charged after a woman was allegedly raped twice and sexually assaulted on a popular UK beach earlier this year.
The incident is said to have occurred on the seafront at Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, on February 16, 2025.
Luis Brazao, 31, of Seafield Close, Yarmouth, was arrested by Norfolk Police in connection with the alleged attack. He is accused of two counts of rape and two counts of sexual assault against the same woman on the same night.
Brazao appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday, where he pleaded not guilty to all four charges. The hearing was conducted with the aid of a Portuguese interpreter.
Judge Katharine Moore set the trial date for August 20, 2025, and the defendant was remanded in custody until then.
The alleged attack reportedly took place on a stretch of the beach popular with locals and visitors, prompting concerns within the seaside town community. Norfolk Police have not released further details due to the sensitive nature of the case.
In a brief statement, police said the investigation remains ongoing and urged anyone with information related to the incident to come forward.
This case has drawn attention amid ongoing national discussions about safety on UK beaches and public spaces, especially for women.
Updates will follow as the court proceedings continue.