Kyle Clifford, 26, from Enfield, has pleaded not guilty to charges of murdering a BBC commentator’s wife and two daughters, as well as additional charges including rape, false imprisonment, and possession of offensive weapons.

The Allegations
Clifford is accused of brutally killing Carol Hunt, 61, the wife of BBC commentator John Hunt, and their daughters Hannah Hunt, 28, and Louise Hunt, 25, on July 9, 2024, at their family home in Ashlyn Close, Bushey.
The court heard that Carol was fatally stabbed with a 10-inch butcher’s knife, while Hannah and Louise were killed with a crossbow. Louise was also allegedly tied up during the attack, and Clifford faces an additional charge of raping her on the same day.
Court Appearance
Clifford appeared via video link from HMP Belmarsh at Cambridge Crown Court today (December 19) and pleaded not guilty to all charges except the newly added rape charge, for which he is not yet required to enter a plea.
He also faces charges of:
- False imprisonment, accusing him of unlawfully detaining Louise Hunt against her will.
- Possession of offensive weapons, including a crossbow and a butcher’s knife.
Investigation Details
During a previous hearing, the court was told that Louise had been found tied up when officers arrived at the property. Evidence suggests that Hannah and Louise were shot with a crossbow, while Carol had suffered multiple stab wounds.
Family’s Devastation
In a statement following the incident, John Hunt and his surviving daughter Amy said:
“The devastation we are experiencing cannot be put into words.”
Next Steps
The trial is set to begin on March 3, 2025. Clifford remains in custody.
This tragic case has sent shockwaves through the local community and beyond, with many expressing their condolences to the grieving family. Further updates will follow as the case progresses.