Former Scotland Yard protection officer David Carrick, 49, has appeared in court facing multiple charges, including the indecent assault of a girl under 14. Carrick, who previously served with the Metropolitan Police’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command, is facing a total of nine charges related to two alleged victims.

The charges include two counts of rape, five counts of indecent assault, one count of sexual assault, and one charge of coercive and controlling behaviour. The indecent assault allegations date back to incidents involving a victim aged under 14 in Salisbury between 1989 and 1990.

Carrick is also accused of two counts of rape, sexual assault, and coercive control over a second victim, with offences said to have occurred between 2014 and 2019 in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.

At Westminster Magistrates’ Court, prosecutor Claire Harden-Frost outlined that the charges involve allegations from two separate complainants. She requested that the case be sent to the Crown Court for trial.

Carrick, appearing via videolink in a grey T-shirt, spoke only to confirm his name and date of birth during the hearing.

Chief magistrate Paul Goldspring confirmed that the charges must be dealt with by the Old Bailey. I will send the matters to the Central Criminal Court where he will appear in custody on November 14,” he said.

Carrick joined the Met in 2001 and became an armed officer with the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command in 2009.

Recommended for you

Must READ

More For You

More From UK News in Pictures

More From UKNIP